- CLOSE LIST -
Purchasing an RV is a significant financial commitment. How do you know which one is right for you? Tom Schaeffer’s RV in Shoemakersville, Pennsylvania has put together a list of suggestions to help you purchase the right RV for you and your family the first time.
1. Research brands and talk to others about their experiences. Make sure to purchase from a reputable brand like Grand Design RV, Thor Motor Coach, Forest River RV, Prime Time RV, or Dutchmen Colorado.
2. Take your time choosing. Have a family discussion and determine your plans for your camper. For example, what type of camping will you do: full-time, long-distance, seasonal, or weekend trips?
3. Make a prioritized checklist of needs and wants that fit your budget. For example, a spacious living room area with a dining and kitchen space to accommodate everyone may be essential if you’re traveling with your family. If you have kids, you may want to consider a bunk house model with extra room for sleeping.
4. Should you buy a new or used RV? Buying a used RV could help save you money while providing you with more amenities than you could afford with a new one. The factory warranty expired; no worries. Our Finance department offers extended warranties and gap protection plans.
5. Tow Capacity – Before purchasing a towable RV, you need to know your tow vehicle and RVs weight rating. Call your local truck dealer for this information or visit https://www.autopadre.com.
6. Beds & People – Once you figure out how many beds you need, don’t forget to measure the length of the couches and dinettes considered sleeping space. Many of these spaces are too small to accommodate adults.
7. Storage Space – Consider the space you’ll need for your outdoor camping gear like outdoor furniture and mountain bikes.
8. Kitchen layout – Do you have enough space to cook inside or prefer an additional outdoor kitchen for outdoor grilling? Many newer models now offer large kitchens equipped with residential-size appliances. An upgraded kitchen might be your top priority if you’re a gourmet or have a large family.
9. Technology – Do you work remotely, or are your kids’ gamers? If this is you, then WiFi is a must! Most RVs manufacturers now offer 4G LTE and WiFi prep on their units. However, no worries if you fall in love with an older model that does not come with these items; you can install a WiFi booster or extender on your RV. You will need to contact your cell phone provider to add internet service.
10. Room for lousy weather – Make sure to have plenty of space to kick back with your family on bad weather days to watch movies and relax.
Do you need more help finding the perfect RV? Click here to take the GoRVing “Find the right RV” quiz.
To learn more about Tom Schaeffer’s RV in Shoemakersville, PA, or any of our RVs, please get in touch with Sales Consultant Jason Himmelreich at 610-562-3071 x105 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please stop by our lot through October 1st to take advantage of our Fall Reduction Sale!
September 1, 2022